POSITION: OFFICE NURSE
RN, LPN, or MA
FULL TIME POSITION
MONDAY – FRIDAY, 8:00 am to 5:00 pm
- providing age appropriate care to patients
- use of electronic health record updating and monitoring
- patient care related follow-up (test results, ER and specialist reports, etc.)
- organizing office work flows to maximize efficiency and quality of care
- assist physician during examination, treatment and procedures
- help patients to be comfortable and cooperative with examinations/procedures
The candidate must possess: excellent customer service and communication skills, be dependable, flexible, and organized.
Medical Assistant (Must be licensed) (lab experience a plus) or MLT
Full time position
Needed is a detail oriented individual who is able to function efficiently in a fast-paced moderately complex lab environment. The employee must be able to handle multiple patients’ specimens for testing and reporting in a timely manner. Microscopy experience is a plus.
- Key Job Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Performs accurate and appropriate testing of specimens received in the laboratory, according to established laboratory protocol and procedures.
- Reports of test results in a timely manner according to established laboratory protocols.
- Follows established procedures for laboratory quality control, ensuring compliance with regulatory requirements, quality standards, compliance activities, and policies and procedures.
- Effectively manages resources such as productivity, supplies, instruments and equipment.
- Plans work and completes job responsibilities in an efficient and productive manner.
- Assists physician’s nursing staff as needed
WEEKEND CLINICAL STAFF
- Current license to practice professional nursing in the State of Tennessee is required: RN or LPN.
- Certified Medical Assistants with 3 years pediatric clinical experience will be considered for the position.
- Current CPR certification
- Must be computer literate and have excellent communication skills
- Minimum of 2 or more weekends per month both Saturday and Sunday.
- Start time: 8:30 am.
- Clinic runs approximately 4 hours each day.
Responsibilities and Duties
Our Cordova clinic is open each Saturday and Sunday for sick patients. Clinical staff is responsible for:
- Obtaining patient vitals
- Obtain patient illness history
- Performing throat or nasal swabs
- Administering breathing treatments and injections as prescribed by the physician
- Providing education and triage to patients and families using Barton Schmitt protocols and guidelines both in the clinic and via telephone
- Accurate documentation in EMR
This position is responsible for ensuring our patients are treated with courtesy and professionalism during their visit at Pediatrics East. This position is also responsible for ensuring that insurance information is entered correctly so that insurance claims are paid promptly. This position reviews charges submitted by physicians to ensure they are entered correctly before submitting to insurance. The Front Desk/Receptionist staff member also handles phone calls correctly and directs phone calls to the correct person in a professional manner. This position is responsible for ensuring they, as well as Pediatrics East Inc., are HIPAA compliant.
The candidate must possess:
- Excellent customer service skills
- Finance experience
- Front desk experience in healthcare is also preferred