Signs of Newborn Illness
Worried that your newborn is sick? Below are possible warning signs of illness. If your infant has one or more of these symptoms, it does not necessarily mean a severe illness is present. However, it could; therefore, please call the office if you note any of the following:
- Temperature of 100.4 rectally in any baby less than 2 months of age. Remember we prefer a true rectal thermometer in place of an ear thermometer.
- Vomiting, not just spitting up.
- No energy, poor suck or refusal to eat.
- Diarrhea, especially if there is mucus or blood present in the stool.
- Hard crying with no obvious cause.
- Unusual rash.
Please contact us if your newborn is experiencing any of these symptoms.